Tucked into the southwest corner of town, Byram was settled in 1660 by Thomas Lyon and was originally known as New Lebanon. Today, Byram is a diverse residential community. Beautiful shorefront estates with dramatic views of the Sound are backed by more modest residential properties in the rest of the village. Together with neighboring Port Chester across the Byram River, there are any number of fine restaurants featuring a variety of ethnic cuisines plus retail shops of every kind. An ongoing program revitalizing properties along the shores of the Byram River and Byram’s central business district is giving this Greenwich enclave a decidedly up-and-coming future.